Internet Banking & Disclosure Statement
Internet Banking & Disclosure Statement
This agreement states the terms and conditions that apply when you use our Internet Banking service. These terms and conditions are in addition to those that apply to any accounts you have with us or any other services you obtain from us. You must also follow all of our instructions and procedures applicable to the services covered by this agreement.
“You” and “your’ mean each person who establishes an Internet Banking Customer Account with Texas State Bank or who uses or is authorized to use an Internet Banking identification number and password or other means of access we establish or approve. The term “Internet Banking” means our service that allows you to make payments, transfer funds, access accounts, obtain information and perform other transactions over the Internet by use of a personal computer and modem and/or other means we authorize or allow.
IDENTIFICATION NUMBER AND PASSWORD
To access our Internet Banking service, you must use the identification number and/or other means of access we establish or provide for your Internet Banking Customer Account, together with a password. Anyone to whom you give your Internet Banking identification number and password or other means of access will have full access to your accounts even if you attempt to limit that person’s authority.
INTERNET FUNDING ACCOUNT
You must be the owner of this account.
INTERNET BANKING TRANSACTIONS
If we do not complete a payment or transfer on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we may be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough available money in the account from which a payment or transfer is to be made, or if the account has been closed or is not in good standing, or if we reverse a payment or transfer because of insufficient funds.
- If any payment of transfer would exceed the credit limit of any account.
- If your equipment or ours was not working properly and the breakdown should have been apparent to you when you attempted to conduct the transaction.
- If you have not given us complete, correct or current account numbers or other identifying information so that we can properly credit your account or otherwise complete the transaction.
- If you do not properly follow our instructions or if you provide us with wrong or inaccurate information or fail to correct or tell us about any inaccuracy of which you are aware.
- If you do not instruct us soon enough for your payment or transfer to be received and credited by the time it is due.
- If the money in the account from which a payment or transfer is to be made is subject to legal process, or other claim restricts the transaction.
- If circumstances or persons beyond our control prevent, delay, intercept or alter the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
Our Internet Banking service is generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, we only process transactions and update information on business days. Our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
Your Internet Banking payments and transfers will be indicated on the monthly or quarterly statements we provide or make accessible to you for the Internet Funding Account. You agree to notify us promptly if you change your address or if you believe there are any errors or unauthorized transactions on any statement, or statement information.
You are liable for all transactions that you or any authorized user make or authorize, even if the person you authorize exceeds your authority. If you have given someone your Internet Banking number and password or other means of access and want to terminate that person’s authority you must change your identification number and password or other means of access or take additional steps to prevent further access by such person.
UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS OR LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR INTERNET BANKING IDENTIFICATION NUMBER OR PASSWORD
If you believe your Internet Banking identification number or password or other means of access have been lost or stolen or that someone has used them without you authorization, call us immediately at
325-949-3721 or 1-800-700-9603 during normal business hours, after hours at 866-961-4120, or write to us at P. O. Box 3186, San Angelo, Texas 76902.
Quickly telephoning us is the best way of reducing your possible losses. If we provided you with another electronic or telecommunications means of notifying us for this purpose, you may use that means.
The provisions of this “Joint Accounts” section apply if your Internet Banking Customer Account with us is joint. Each of you is jointly and severally obligated under this agreement.
Each of you acting alone may perform transactions, obtain information, termite this agreement or otherwise transact business, take actions or perform under this agreement. We are not required to obtain the consent of, or notify, any other of you. However, each of you will only be permitted to access accounts for which you are an owner or authorized user. Each of you individually releases us from any liability and agrees not to make any claim or bring any action against us for honoring or allowing any actions or transactions where the person performing the action or transaction is one of you or is otherwise authorized to use your Internet Banking Customer Account. Each of you agrees to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against any and all liability (including but not limited to reasonable attorney fees) arising from any such claims or actions.