FDIC Consumer Alerts
FDIC Consumer News and Information
FDIC Consumer Protection
FDIC Insurance Information
Health Insurance Marketplace Fraud
IRS Tax Scams/Consumer Alerts
Federal Trade Commission Scam Alerts
Washington State Department of Financial Institutions
Fraud Alert: We want you to be informed
Please consider the following questions before you withdraw funds from your account for someone or send a wire transfer to someone:
- Has someone (perhaps claiming to be a relative) called and asked you to send money because they are in jail or in a hospital?
- Have you been threatened or pressured by a stranger, friend, or family member for money or for access to your account?
- Has anyone befriended you (either in person or online) and is now asking you to reinvest your money or to share cash or valuables?
- Has someone told you that you need home repairs and is asking for an immediate cash payment?
- Have you been informed that you have won a prize or lottery and need to pay a fee in order to claim your prize?
- Has someone offered to buy something you have advertised and wants to pay extra and have you wire the extra amount to them?
These are just a few scenarios that are most likely scams. Please be aware and always feel free to ask us questions if you are in doubt. We are here to help.